As always, it’s been a busy year for volunteers of Douglas County Toys for Tots as they prepared the organization’s annual Toy Shop to serve families in need. All money collected is used to purchase toys and all toys collected remain in Douglas County to provide toys to children at Christmas.
McGrew REALTOR® Mary Jones speaks about the importance of Douglas County Toys for Tots in the video below.
The organization distributes toys each year by opening up a Toy Shop for parents to select toys for their children. The agency urges parents not to bring their children to the shop to keep the surprise of Christmas morning.
Last year, 11,594 toys were distributed and 1,897 kids were supported thanks to community donations and volunteer work. Here is a look at the 2018 Toy Shop, which featured various types of toys for kids of all ages.
This year, the Toy Shop will be held in the Dale Willey Automotive Pre-Owned Showroom at 2840 Iowa. There is not a pre-application process to receive toys, but there are a few guidelines to follow:
- You will fill out an application when you arrive at the Toy Shop.
- To receive toys, you must not have received other toys from any other organization in the community this year.
- You are required to provide a few documents to receive toys:
- Proof of Douglas County residency (piece of mail, bill, lease, anything with your name and address)
- Birth certificate for each child
- If you do not have a birth certificate, you can get something from your doctor or your child’s school. It must have your name, child’s name and your child’s birth date
For more information, click HERE.